If you plan to invest in a towable camper, you’ll need to compare the fifth wheel vs travel trailer pros and cons to help you make an informed decision. Both campers are sizable and are almost similar. They can host big families since they have essential amenities.
When camping with a travel trailer or a fifth wheel, you can unhitch and park them at campsites and drive away from the tow vehicle. The two campers share many things, including luxurious amenities and an extensive living area.Are you contemplating investing in a travel trailer or a fifth-wheel camper? Learn all the fifth wheels vs travel trailer pros and cons to help you decide. Click To Tweet
Now, let’s look at the pros and cons of travel trailers and fifth wheels to help you decide.
Fifth Wheels: Pros and Cons
Here are the pros of a fifth-wheel camper.
- It’s larger, taller, and longer, adding more storage and living space
- Has multiple slide-outs to accommodate a big family during camping
- It has several luxurious amenities to ensure a comfortable living
- Fifth wheels are easier to drive and hitch
Despite the benefits, a fifth wheel also has a few drawbacks.
- Requires a pickup truck to tow it
- More expensive than its counterpart travel trailer
- It consumes more gas than a travel trailer
- It weighs more than a travel trailer
Travel Trailer: Pros and Cons
Here are the pros of a travel trailer.
- It is less expensive compared to a fifth wheel
- Travel trailers are more lightweight than fifth-wheel campers
- The camper has better gas mileage than fifth wheels
- It can be towed by various tow vehicles
- Requires a smaller hitch
Like other recreational vehicles, a travel trailer also has a few disadvantages, including:
- It is not as luxurious as a fifth-wheel camper
- It has less storage space than fifth-wheel campers
- Hitching a travel trailer is not that easy
- Travel trailers can sway easily, hence a low stability
What’s Best For You?
The best camper is that which fulfills your camping style and needs. Consider using a fifth wheel if you need extra space with luxurious amenities. Its occupant can also enjoy more privacy.
A fifth wheel is an excellent choice when you already have a pickup truck to tow it. But if you need a cheaper and more lightweight option, pick a travel trailer.
Shop With Camperland
Now that you know the fifth wheels vs travel trailer pros and cons, you can quickly choose what fits your style. Whether you need a travel trailer or a fifth wheel, you can get it at Camperland. You can rent or buy what suits your needs at affordable prices.
Contact us today to talk to one of our customer representatives to help you decide.