Anyone who loves camping and enjoys riding grown-up’s big toys needs a toy hauler RV, and so, what’s a toy hauler? You’ve probably seen several motorhomes and travel trailers, but most of them provide no extra room for the big toys. Toy haulers can be fifth wheels or travel trailers with additional rooms in the rear part to carry your big toy.So what is a toy hauler, anyway? Find out more about the advantages and disadvantages here: Click To Tweet
If you’ve always wished to have a garage area at the rear part of your fifth wheel, travel trailer, or motorhome, a toy hauler will be your perfect choice. It will make your hiking and camping trips more enjoyable and memorable. Since most people are not familiar with toy haulers, this guide will explore this type of RV type.
What is a toy hauler?
A toy hauler is a type of RV with a garage space at the rear part to haul big toys, like golf carts, snowmobiles, quads, dirt bikes, and motorcycles. The back wall drops to form a ramp, allowing you to drive the toy in and out of the toy hauler. Like other types of RV, toy haulers come in various shapes and sizes and all the essential amenities.
Toy hauler advantages and disadvantages
Is the toy hauler a perfect choice for your needs? You need to evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of toy haulers to help you make informed decisions.
Here are the advantages of toy haulers.
- Highly Versatile: Toy haulers aren’t only meant for carrying around motorcycles and come with a large open space. That creates more room for imagination.
- Extra Space: Toy haulers have additional living quarters to accommodate large families. They also offer enough room for kids to play and even pets to run.
- Heavy Duty: Toy haulers’ axles have higher weight ratings to haul cargo. The ramp and garage floor are also reinforced to accommodate toy weight.
Here are the disadvantages of toy haulers.
- Large Size: Toy haulers are relatively large and may be limited in where they go. You can’t park them off a beaten path. You will have to look for campgrounds.
- Require Heavy Tow Vehicles: If you invest in a toy hauler, you’ll need a tow vehicle with a towing capacity that can pull the heavy toy hauler seamlessly.
- Relatively Expensive: Since toy haulers are built to carry heavy cargo, they are more costly than many other types of RVs that don’t have cargo space.
What do you need to get started?
The kind of toy hauler you’ll choose will depend on your budget, how you will tow it, and the types of toys you’ll haul. Consider the size of living space you need in a toy hauler. Does it have all the amenities you need? Does the kitchen have all the accessories you need? What is its load capacity? These factors will help you make informed decisions.
Is the toy hauler right for you?
Now that you know what a toy hauler is, you’re probably wondering if it’s the right choice for you. The good news is that a toy hauler is a perfect solution for people who enjoy camping and riding big toys. If you are one of such people, consider choosing a toy hauler that fits your needs and lifestyle. You can rent or buy one at Camperland.
Contact us to learn about the different types of toy haulers and their unique features.